Student Life Office Mission Statement
The Student Life Office is committed to an inclusive student centered environment that creates educational experiences for students which promote leadership, involvement, learning, and success. Student Life collaborates with students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community leaders to provide innovative and purposeful programs to prepare students for a diverse and changing world.
Student Life Office Vision Statement
The Student Life Office of the 21st Century will be proactive partners with students, faculty and staff in building community and enhancing student learning.
We will be:
- Characterized as a community that celebrates its common bonds and purposes.
- Experts in experiential education, providing students with opportunities to acquire, apply, adapt, and reflect on skills, attitudes and talents for life.
- Known for producing competent Leaders who contribute to positive social change on and off campus;
- Committed to empowering a wide range of responsive and responsible student organizations providing cultural, social, athletic, academic and community service activities.
- Effective guides for students as they explore who they are and how they relate to others.
- Focused on providing a learning environment in which diversity and the open and honest expression of different views is expected and respected.
- Supported by a physical environment that is attractive, welcoming, user friendly and meets the needs of the campus community.
- Recognized for quality student service which contributes to retention.
- Models of the kind of campus, community and world citizens we expect our students to become.
Student Life Office Core Values