Community refers to the creation of an environment where we encourage students, faculty, and staff to interact in a meaningful and inclusive way.
· Students will develop lasting relationships with other people in their community.
· Students will be able to take steps to resolve conflicts with others
October: “Campus Connection”
Campus connection refers to publically celebrating institutional values as well as linking students with peers, faculty, staff, mentors, and resources throughout the Buffalo State community.
· Students will foster professional relationships with members of the Buffalo State campus community.
· Students will be able to recognize the importance of campus-wide events and programs.
· Students will learn to use campus resources to support their own learning and individual needs.
Culture refers to the respect for the complex identities of others and their backgrounds, as well as an understanding of human imagination and expression.
· Students will be able to analyze how their own cultural identity impacts their experience in the larger Buffalo State community.
· Students will appreciate the fine arts.
January/February: “Co-Curricular Development”
Co-Curricular Development refers to helping students delineate and articulate their learning interests and strengths in order to support their classroom experience and a commitment to life-long learning.
· Students will be able to connect their present collegiate experience to their future professional pursuits
March: “Character and Wellness”
Character and Wellness refers to the development of a healthy and holistic balance between the mind, body, and spirit and a constant conscious pursuit of living life to its fullest potential.
· Students will develop habits consistent with living a healthy life style.
· Students will learn to engage in self-reflection.
April/May: “Civic Engagement”
Civic Engagement refers to developing a sense of social responsibility.
· Students will be able to make reflective decisions for themselves and for the community around them.
· Students will develop and understanding and commitment to social justice.