Waitlisting is a feature in Banner that allows you to get "in line" for courses that have filled or closed. This automated process notifies you via your Buffalo State Gmail, when a spot has opened up and it is now your turn to register for the class.
How Do You Know If A Course Has A Waitlist Option?
- Log into self-service (SSB) Banner and select Search for Classes.
- If you see numbers below the column listed as WL Cap (Waitlist Capacity), WL Act (Waitlist Acutal), and WL Rem (Waitlist Remaining), this means there is a Waitlist on the section. Instructors have the option of using a Waitlist, but are not required to.
Example: CRN#### shows:
- WL Cap = 5 - This means there is a maximum of 5 seats available for waitlisting.
- WL Act = 2 - This means there are two students currently on the waitlist for this section.
- WL Rem = 3 - This means there are 3 seats still available for waitlisting.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you put yourself on a waitlist, you must check your Buffalo State Gmail every day or you might lose your spot! Consider forwarding your Gmail to your phone.
Additional Information (PDF's) are available online:
Waitlisting in Banner-Tutorial Reference for Students
View Our YouTube Tutorial on Waitlisting
Waitlisting in Banner-Reference for Advisors and Faculty
Waitlisting in Banner-Reference for Department Chairs and Secretaries
Waitlisting FAQ's-Reference for Advisors, Faculty, and StudentsBanner Student Registration Guide (PDF)-Updated 7/25/13