The State University of New York's Graduate Tuition Scholarship Opportunity Program provides disadvantaged graduate students with a full-tuition scholarship when they attend as full-time (9 graduate credit hours, as of Fall 2011), matriculated graduate students.
How to Apply
Print and complete the Guidelines for Funding and Certification of Participation in EOP/SEEK/HEOP (.pdf) forms. Send completed forms to the Graduate School.
Students who are awarded an Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) tuition scholarship receive a full tuition scholarship (9 graduate credit hours per semester as of Fall 2011) each semester through degree completion.
- Nine (9) graduate credit hours of tuition are funded each fall and spring semester; it is the student's responsibility to pay all college fees and mandatory student health insurance (as of Fall 2011).
- The scholarship is available for the fall and spring semesters only.
EOP scholars must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA each semester to continue to receive funding.
- EOP scholars must complete a Tuition Scholarship Award Application (pdf) to apply for the tuition scholarship each semester funding is sought.
Applicants must be
- Graduates of SUNY's Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) or of the City University of New York's Search for Education, Elevation and Knowledge (SEEK) Program, or the Higher Educational Opportunity Program (HEOP). Certification of participation by the campus administering the undergraduate program is required.
- New York State residents.
- Matriculated, full-time (registered for 9 graduate credit hours, as of Fall 2011) students in both the fall and spring semesters.
- Pursuing their first master's degree. Students pursuing a second master's degree are not eligible for the EOP scholarship.
For additional scholarship opportunities, please visit the Financial Aid Office.
- Dean's Message
- Academic Awards
- Tuition and Financial Aid
- Funding Opportunities
- Forms and Policies
- Facilities and Services
- Graduate Faculty
- Graduate Student Association
- Contact Us
- Buffalo State