Conference Funding for Students
Buffalo State graduate students can apply to the Graduate School for funding to present academic papers, travel to conferences for particular purposes, or conduct research. Students must document their participation and request funding through their department chair and academic dean in order to be eligible for funding from the Graduate School. Students may not get the full amount needed for travel and should be prepared to fund part of their trip themselves. To apply, students need to submit the items below, in a packet, to their departmenrt chair. The packet then gets forwarded to the academic dean and on to the Graduate Dean for consideration. Students will be notified about the decision and the amount funded by the Graduate School. Students may also apply for additional funding support through the Graduate Student Association.
- Documentation of the event in which the student will participate.
- A brief description of the ways in which the request relates to the student’s course of study and/or the student’s intellectual and professional development.
- A short report of the student’s progress in his/her graduate program (along with current g.p.a.) and a statement about career goals.
- A statement of support from the graduate faculty member closest to the project.
- Routing Sheet for Graduate School Funding Requests (PDF).