As a new faculty member, you receive 500 megabytes (MB) of personal network storage space for professional use. Your personal network drive will automatically appear on any campus PC or Mac.
Instructions for mapping and saving to the network drive are located here:
- Windows XP http://www.buffalostate.edu/cts/documents/ext-pc-netstorefac.pdf
- Mac OS X http://www.buffalostate.edu/cts/documents/ext-mac-netstorefac.pdf
To learn more about backing up your critical files go to: http://www.buffalostate.edu/cts/documents/protectyourfiles.pdf
Please Note Network folders are not accessible from off-campus using this process. Drives must be mapped on each computer you use. Please see information on Remote Desktop access to learn how to access folders from off campus.
As a new faculty member, you receive 50MB megabytes (MB) of Web space for professional use. Create a home page, display your vita, you decide. To view your Web site you will enter the following URL (replacing username with your Buffalo State username):
- Faculty http://faculty.buffalostate.edu/username
All Buffalo State faculty and staff are able to stream media from our streaming servers. If you have audio or video files that you want to stream, you can request a folder on the streaming server by calling Instructional Resources (878-4922). Keep in mind that copyright laws apply.
- For assistance with mapping your Web or other network folder, please call the Computing Help Desk (878-4357).
- For assistance with editing, compressing or adding media files to the server, please call Instructional Resources (878-4922).
- For assistance with editing audio/video using iLife, please call Paul Reynolds (878-3361).
- For assistance with linking or embedding audio or video files within ANGEL, please contact the Instructional Design office (878-3877 or 878-3688).
- For assistance securing copyright permissions, please call Instructional Resources (878-6679).
Sometimes a shared network folder is not the best choice, and other resources on campus may be better suited to support your intentions. We suggest that you contact Melissa Miszkiewicz (878-4611) for a consultation.
Please Note If you have a legitimate reason for needing additional space on your personal network folder or Web folder, please call the Computing Help Desk (878-4357), or e-mail email@example.com.