Master's degree/C.A.S. applications are available in The Graduate School Office, Cleveland Hall 204, and online at the Graduate School website, which includes more information on applying for degrees.
Master's/C.A.S. Application Deadlines
- For December 2012, apply by October 1, 2012.
- For January 2013, apply by October 1, 2012.
- For May 2013, apply by February 1, 2013.
- For August 2013, apply by February 1 if you wish to participate in the Commencement ceremony and/or have your name included in the booklet.*
*Note: August 2013 degree/C.A.S. candidates may apply by June 1 if they neither wish to participate in Commencement nor have their names printed in the May 18 Commencement booklet.
Those who receive the Commencement informational postcard at their permanent addresses during the week of spring recess (March 25-30):
- December 2012 graduates.
- January 2013 graduates.
- Potential May 2013 degree candidates who applied for their degrees by February 1.
- Potential August 2013 degree candidates who applied for their degrees by February 1.
See master's/C.A.S. Late Degree Applicants, below.
Late Degree Applicants
Those who apply after the deadline may obtain one master's/C.A.S. Commencement informational postcard beginning April 2 from the Graduate School Office upon submitting a degree application. The Graduate School will validate the postcard to verify receipt of your degree application.
Beginning with the Commencement Kickoff on April 10, you may take the validated postcard to the bookstore to register for Commencement and obtain guest tickets. Learn more about the master's registration process.
Note: SUNY Buffalo State makes every effort to include all degree candidates' names in the Commencement booklet. Those who apply for their degrees after the deadlines are not guaranteed listing in the booklet.